Hey guys! Sorry I have not been posting lately, I have been all over the place since my cruise but I am finally back in the swing of things. I have definitely been feeling the side-effects of Fall and Winter as my skin is dry and my hair is just not looking like hair anymore so, I decided now would be a good time to prep myself for the Springtime. Here are my steps for Spring cleaning yourself.
1. Change your lotion routine. During the colder seasons, I moisturize every single day, sometimes twice. But, I am not going to lie, I will occasionally skip my legs or arms because they are not going to be seen by anyone and I just do not have the energy or time. Now that it is Spring, I will be exfoliating in the shower and then using a moisturizer when I am done every night. This will allow my skin to get a nice, natural tan from the sun and overall, just make it a lot smoother.
2. Take off your makeup. When Spring and Summer start, I slowly begin to wear less and less makeup. So, I would just suggest coming up with a new basic makeup routine that does not include so much bronzer, foundation, and all those Winter necessities and will bring out a nice glow in the sun. Also, change the products you are using to waterproof products and stains so they do not come off easily if you sweat.
3. Refresh your hair. After the torturous Winter and Fall seasons, your hair is going to need some major TLC. Get a deep conditioner and really let your hair enjoy the juices. Bring it back from the frizzy, static-y, broken phase it has been going through for the past six months. After your hair feels like itself again, go through your products and switch out the frizz-control gel for a sea salt spray. Reintroduce your hair to the products that make it wild and wavy for the warmer seasons.
4. Hire a new lip army. Protection for your lips is imperative, no matter the season. During Winter and Fall, we need to treat our dry and chapped lips. As Spring approaches, it is time to pull out that SPF. Start carrying around a chapstick or lip balm that has SPF of at least fifteen. The sun is out and, whether you can see it or not, it is shinning on your lips. Trust me, sunburned lips are no fun.
5. Feed your face. Now that fruits are back in season, we can indulge in the juicy delights, and so can our faces. Eating fruits such as oranges, strawberries, and mango will brighten and perfect your complexion. I would stock the fridge with these secret weapons; they are key to that summer skin.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope these were helpful to you. Let me know if there is anything you would add to my list or do differently than I. I will be posting a video that corresponds with this post, to show you which products, specifically, I use for the Springtime. Make sure you subscribe to or follow my blog! Thanks again!